Scintillate - Tracy Clark

3.75 out of 5

Lately I’ve had the luck of a bull in a china shop when it comes to picking out books. I’m not sure what my deal is, apparently pretty cover means Twilight ripoff. So needless to say, I was pleasantly surprised by Scintillate. Granted, it had the makings of a wannabe Twilight with the whole insta-love but lets be honest…

What YA romance/sci-fi isn’t going in that direction lately?

The reason I liked Scintillate as much as I did is because it delved in to the New Age fun stuff that everyone dismisses… Auras.

Like straight out of the 70s tripping on LSD auras.

So I might as well get this out of the way. Cora and Finn are the object of the insta-love. Finn is an exchange student from Ireland… The place that Cora was born before she moved to the US. Cora feels a stupid pull towards Finn and vise versa. Neither can stay away from the other, blah blah blah…. Anyways, they fall in love and one night Finn decides he’s going to sneak over to Cora’s, her father catches him in her room, kicks him out. For some reason, this fool calls his Mom to tell her all about it and because she is over the top over protective of him, she demands he come home right away.

Cora and Finn say their goodbyes and Cora decides that it’s time for her to know the truth about herself and why she can see auras.

Cora’s story takes you all over the place. She finds out things that have made what everyone has ever told her completely untrue. There is death, and Ireland, and so many other things. There were a few twists thrown in at the end as well just for good measure. And let me say, there is a reason that Finn was so attracted to Cora and no he’s not a stupid sparkly vampire.

I enjoyed Scintillate for it’s uniqueness, even with the sappy insta-love. I can truly say that I look forward to the next one.

This ARC was provided by Entangled Publishing LLC via NetGalley for an honest review.