How Not to Calm a Child on a Plane: And Other Lessons in Parenting from a Highly Questionable Source - Johanna Stein

How Not To Calm A Child On A Plane was one of the funniest books I have read in a long time. There were times when I was laughing so hard that I was crying, and also times where I was laughing so hard that my boyfriend was shaking his head (he’s apparently use to it) and times where I woke up my child.

Johanna Stein gives a completely unfiltered perspective on raising her daughter. It was absolutely refreshing, if you have a child then you already know how some mothers completely sugar coat EVERYTHING. From pregnancy to delivery and onward.

Ms. Stein showed me what I have to look forward to, and I can say with all honesty that I am slightly terrified of my own daughter.

Thanks for that…

The only complaint I have, which has nothing to do with the writing, is the editing. It was horrific, I really hope that my ARC doesn’t resemble the finished copy.

If you have a chance, Google How Not To Calm A Child On A Plane… there’s a video.

I leave you with this quote, taken from the plane chapter.

“People file past us, with varying looks of pity and horror but mostly relief that they’re not sitting next to the kid who’s screaming like a mongoose that’s been stabbed with a rusty steak knife.”

This ARC was provided by Perseus Books Group, Da Capo Press via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.