Fields of Elysium - A.B. Whelan

The only, and I mean THE ONLY reason this has 3 out of 5 is because of the sci-fi aspect. THAT IS IT. I loved the worm hole, other planet, different species stuff. I loved the descriptions of the plants and animals. I loved the advanced technology, basically I loved everything to do with the science fiction part of this book.

That is where the love ends.

Why…

Why do YA authors think all girls fall in love with the biggest douche canoe on the planet, or in this case another planet?

Please tell me what woman likes to be humiliated and treated like the gum on the bottom of someones shoe?

Please tell me if you might like being loved one moment and then made to feel like a leper the next?

Is there someone out there who likes this shit?

If a guy that I liked treated me anywhere remotely close to how fictional girls/women are treated then every man fictional or otherwise would be dead.

Or virgins.

Fields of Elysium is a through the worm hole, different planet, same ole dill hole Twilight with a smidge of religion thrown in your face. Because you can’t have a planet on the total opposite side of the galaxy without God being involved.

I really don’t know what else to say, I know I’m suppose to review this book in depth and wow you with my literary skills but why bother? There are reviews for Twilight everywhere. Its pretty simple, if you like Twilight then you’ll like Fields of Elysium. If you didn’t then don’t read this. If you were on the fence then you might be with this as well.

This ARC was provided by inMotion Capitol via NetGalley for an honest review